Tender, moist Vegan Blueberry Scones with easy glaze is a brilliant addition to any breakfast or brunch! Better than Starbucks!
Scones can be pretty dry however that isn’t the case right here. These vegan blueberry scones are fantastically moist, gentle, and just undeniable delightful. They flavor one million instances better than the ones at Starbucks, and are made without animal elements!
EASY VEGAN BLUEBERRY SCONES RECIPE
These clean vegan blueberry scones are so mild and sensitive, full of a delicious vanilla-blueberry taste
The first-class deal with to have with a cup of tea – I love having these scones any time of day!
Scones are one additionally baked accurate which you simply should revel in right away for my part.
As they take a seat they have a tendency to become extra dense, and they are just so a whole lot greater flavorful and tender the day of!
These Vegan Blueberry Scones:
- Are made in 1 bowl
- Are moist & smooth
- Have crumbly edges and a golden crunchy outside
- Include a splendidly simple glaze drizzle
- Have an abundance of blueberries!
How to make vegan blueberry scones:
First, preheat the oven to four hundred tiers and line a massive baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, in a huge bowl, upload the flour, baking powder, ground flaxseeds, sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
Add the cold vegan butter and use a pastry cutter (or your fingers if wanted) until the aggregate resembles coarse crumbs. Pour inside the milk and vanilla, and stir till just combined. Then fold in the blueberries.
On a gently floured surface, flip out the dough and knead it only a few instances till it comes collectively. Flatten the dough right into a circle, about 1 inch thick. Slice into 8 same triangles with a pizza cutter or large knife.
Place the scones onto the organized baking sheet, and bake for 22-26 mins till golden brown on top.
Let the scones cool for as a minimum 15 minutes before drizzling the glaze on the pinnacle. The glaze is definitely elective, you can leave it out if desired.
Can vegan blueberry scones be frozen?
Yes, you may freeze these scones once they cool if preferred. I would go away the icing off in case you are going to freeze them even though.
Can you operate frozen blueberries for these scones?
Yes, you may use frozen blueberries. Do not thaw frozen blueberries if the use of, but upload them directly from the freezer to the dough. They nonetheless might make your scones a bit blue however they’ll flavor first-rate! I specifically like the use of the ones little frozen wild blueberries in scones.
Can blueberry scones be made gluten free?
I haven’t tried it myself, however, I’m certain an amazing exceptional gluten-free flour mix would work just high-quality. You can also replace entire wheat pastry, spelled or white complete wheat flour for a few or all the white flour if favored.
Vegan Blueberry SconesCourse: Breakfast Recipes, Brunch RecipesCuisine: AMERICAN, French
Tender, moist Vegan Blueberry Scones with simple glaze are a wonderful addition to any breakfast or brunch! Better than Starbucks!
1.5-2 cup fresh blueberries, (may use frozen as well)
1 cup granulated sugar
OPTIONAL: lemon zest from 1 lemon
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon baking powder
16 tablespoons cold vegan butter, (or solid coconut oil)
1.5 cup almond milk, (soy or coconut milk fine)
4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- SIMPLE GLAZE, OPTIONAL
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons almond milk
2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ground flaxseeds, salt and sugar.
- Add the cold vegan butter, and use a pastry cutter or your hands to work the butter into the dry ingredients. It should resemble coarse crumbs.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla, and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a few times until it comes together. Flatten the dough with your hands (lightly flour your hands if sticky). Flatten it into a circle, about 1 inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or large knife, cut it like you would a pizza, into 8 pieces.
- Place the scones onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 22-26 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top.
- MAKE THE OPTIONAL GLAZE:
- Combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk. If too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Let the scones cool for at least 15 minutes, then drizzle some of the glaze onto each scone. Let the glaze set before serving.
- May also use whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour. A gluten free flour mix would probably work, but I haven’t tried it.
- You can sub the vegan butter with coconut oil that is hard. Cut it into the dry ingredients the same way.
- Amount Per ServingCalories322
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Sodium 274mg 12%
- Potassium 203mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 29g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.