A Sweet French Toast Casserole tagine with very crunchy cinnamon sugar! Bake it right away, or put it in the fridge and put it in the fridge all night. Give your family a Saturday morning snack! #breakfastbake #breakfastbakes #breakfastbakesbubbly #breakfastbakery #bakedbreakfast #bakersbreakfast #bakerybreakfast #liftbreakfastbakery
A simple French toast casserole is a delicious breakfast / lunch! Get ready quickly without cooling overnight. It’s really fun, and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare. My healthy food contains less than 150 calories!
We are in mid-December, not even in the middle of parties and festive parties! One of my favorite holiday parties is Christmas morning, when children open gifts and my family celebrates their late breakfast together. I always make this simple French toast tagine, it has always been the fan favorite!
Don’t like all kinds? Brioche golden butter bread wrapped in a creamy dough, topped with crunchy sweet cinnamon skin! Seriously, this is everyone’s favorite recipe, and my family has asked me to make it over and over. But the best part is that it is lighter in fat and calories than traditional French bread.
A healthier and easy breakfast casserole recipe
Well, carbohydrates are still in eggs and milk. But I’m not using anything, butter is useless, but add a whole cup of Greek yogurt for a richer flavor and more protein!
Another thing … the easy part! The easy part is that all ingredients are standard base materials and no refrigeration required. Unlike many French toast recipes, this recipe requires freezing French bread overnight to set the taste, so you can bake it instantly without waiting for anything. It lets you enjoy breakfast without fuss and saves you the hassle of turning every French toast on the grill throughout the morning.
How to make this Sweet French Toast Casserole
- Start with some good bread for French toast, or you can make your own loaf of bread. I use French brioche bread located in Major. It’s like a baguette, but it’s actually brioche … how cute?
- Cut the bread into 1-inch pieces and place it in a large baking tray.
- Stir the mixture ingredients evenly. Eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon are usually suspected. But I also added Greek yogurt to the mixture / exotic mixture.
- Pour the custard mixture over the entire loaf of bread and make sure to cover the chopped bread. However, since the bread may become a little more delicate after soaking, it should be placed on a light layer.
- You can then sprinkle French toast and bake in the oven.
- When it comes out of the oven, you’ll find that it has perfect consistency: the edges are golden, the top is crisp, and the bottom is soft and fluffy.
- The 9 x 13 baking tray is too big to feed a group of people. I like cutting it into 12 equal parts, which is usually very beneficial for someone, especially if they have other food besides French bread.
Tips for making easy French Toast Casserole:
- Please use crunchy bread to avoid soft and soft French bread. If you do not have any damaged or crusty bread, it is a good idea to cut it into small pieces before baking. This will help get the best texture. You can use daily brioche as mine. You can also try baguette, baguette, sour dough or chalet.
- Leave the skin on the bread. This will add a crunchy texture to the French toast tagine. I think even the discerning restaurant owners who hate bread crust will not mind when they are crushed and topped with maple syrup.
- Give it a nice sweet mix. Since we don’t cool French bread all night, it’s important to make sure that the egg shell mixture is evenly incorporated into sliced bread. Do not leave any dry bread. This will help absorb all the flavors and give French bread an ideal puffiness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you pre-make this simple French toast tagine?
You can make the mixture 24 hours in advance. If the bread is thick and hard and can be soaked for several hours, you can prepare the entire dish in advance. If you do, cover it in the refrigerator.
How long does French toast casserole keep?
You can put all leftovers in an airtight container and then store them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The next day, you can reheat individual slices in the microwave. However, the best way to reheat is to put it back in the oven and bake it in a 350 ° F oven for about 10 minutes. This French bread will heat up and make it crunchy again.
Is this easy French toast casserole healthy?
My Brunch Casserole recipe is lighter than other recipes. There is no butter or cream, Greek yogurt adds some protein to each serving. You can use whatever milk you want in this recipe, as soybeans, almonds, and cashews will work well.
This simple French toast tagine is the perfect holiday breakfast, perfect for serving the company and serving sweet and memorable things! Will definitely appear at the annual Christmas breakfast. You don’t have to stand by the fire every morning and fry French bread. This will save you more time with the company!
For more recipes, check out:
- Easy Recipes Incredible Breakfast Bake
- BERRY FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE RECIPES
- Yummy Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Tasty Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
If you tried this useful and beneficial healthy capsule Easy Toast or any other recipe, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I’d love to hear your experience. If you take some snapshots, please share them with me on Instagram so I can republish my story!
A simple French toast casserole is a delicious breakfast / lunch! Fast, cold preparation overnight – ideal for crowds.
- 2 cups milk
- 8 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 loaf 1 pound sourdough, brioche or challah, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F and grease a 13 x 9 inch baking tray.
- Place the pieces of bread in a greased baking tray with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, Greek milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Pour evenly over a loaf of bread. Use a spoon to spread the mixture carefully over all the bread.
- Place French toast on chopped pecans. Then pour the maple syrup over the pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the center knife is clean. If the brown top starts too quickly, cover it with loose flakes for the last ten minutes to prevent the plaster from drying out.
- Leave it for 5 minutes to cool down. If necessary, it can be taken with maple syrup.
Storage: Store remaining food in sealed containers. It will be left in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheating instructions: On the next day, you can reheat the individual slices in the microwave. However, the best way to reheat is to put it back in the oven and bake it in a 350 ° F oven for about 10 minutes. This French bread will heat up and make it crunchy again.
Advance advice: you can make the mixture 24 hours before If the bread is thick and hard and can be soaked for several hours, you can prepare the entire dish in advance.
Alternative: For best results, please proceed as is. However, you can use any milk of your choice, or you can remove nuts or use other types of milk instead.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition labels provided are only estimates. Depends on the specific ingredients used. The nutrition label assumes 12 servings of French toast.
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 136kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 163mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
Keywords: Sweet French Toast Casserole