This post contains affiliate links to products that we use or recommend. While it is at no additional cost to you, these links help us earn a commission from any purchase that happens through them.
Blueberry Bread Pudding is a soft and very attractive food and very simple to be made with just 10 minutes of preparation. Serve this warm bread pudding recipe out of the oven for breakfast, Brunch, or dessert the whole family will love.
This bread pudding is a family favorite for a summer event, and it’s just as good in a warm winter out of the oven! So interesting with the combination of delicious flavors that are not too sweet. We use leftover croissants, and plain bread will work great. #brunchrecipes #brunchrecipesforacrowd #brunchrecipeseasy #brunchrecipesmakeahead #mothersday #mothersday2020
This bread pudding recipe is quite versatile for breakfast, Brunch, or dessert. We also love to put it for holidays like Christmas morning, Easter, and Mother’s Day. Serve warm out of the oven with whipped cream or ice cream on top.
HOW TO MAKE BREAD PUDDING
Here are the ingredients you need to make this bread pudding recipe:
- Blueberry: Fresh or frozen
- Bread: croissants or plain white bread
- Cream Cheese: Recommend Brick Cream Cheese, but spreadable will work in emergencies
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract, or almond extract
If you do not have a croissant available, you can replace the crusty bread as long as it do not have crunchy seeds or whole grains. The rest of the stale croissants also work perfectly.
WHAT’S THE BEST SAUCE FOR BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING?
We serve this bread pudding with powdered sugar dust, but it’s nice with drizzled sauce on top as well. Classic Storebought delicious sauces including maple syrup and caramel sauce. For special occasions, you may want to make more luxurious Homemade sauces such as whiskey sauce, brandy sauce, toffee sauce or creme Anglaise.
CAN BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING BE MADE AHEAD?
The bread pudding is a fantastic make-front dessert, and the flavor improves after a day or two. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
To heat, put it in the microwave at full power for 1-2 minutes, or bake for 10 minutes at 350 °f/175 °f. Warming in a nonstick frying pan for a few minutes over a moderate flame often works as well.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING
- Be sure to soften the cheese cream before mixing in order to avoid bumps in the dough.
- If you use residual bread that becomes difficult and supple, try microwaving for 30 seconds to soften it before using it.
- For lighter variations, use light cream cheese and low-fat milk. You can also use plain bread instead of croissants.
- If you don’t have blueberries, you can try replacing the same amount of blackberries, chopped strawberries, or even raisins or walnuts.
Blueberry Bread Pudding is a soft and very attractive food and very simple to be made with just 10 minutes of preparation. Serve this warm bread pudding recipe out of the oven for breakfast, Brunch, or dessert the whole family will love. #mothersdaycake #mothersdaycakes #mothersdayspecial #mothersdaybrunch #mothersdaylove #mothersday2020🌷🌷
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar, optional for serving
- 3 large croissants, or plain bread
- 2/3 cup sugar, see note
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla, or almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F/175 °c. Grease a 9-inch/22 cm squared pan and set aside.
- On the cutting board, cut the coarse bread into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the bread into the prepared pan and sprinkle the Blueberry evenly at the top.
- In a medium bowl, whipped cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together until smooth.
- While mixing, gradually add milk to make the dough a pourable consistency.
- Pour the dough evenly over the pieces of bread and blueberries.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until swollen and golden. Check halfway and cover lightly with foil if the bread is brownish too much.
- Remove from oven set aside to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar is optional. Serve & enjoy!
While every Baking Pan will work, I prefer to use heavy enamel pans for even heat distribution.
You can use less sugar like a 1/2 cup if you prefer.
- Category: Brunch Recipes
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 31g
- Sodium: 370mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
Keywords: blueberry, bread pudding